No doubt being a mother is the toughest but also most rewarding job in this world. Like every other job and relationship, there are ups and downs, highs and lows.
Here are some that almost every mother can attest to!
1. The feeling of freedom when the little eyes close, the bedroom door is shut, and we flee (on tiptoes) down the hall!
2. The feeling of pride and wanting to celebrate when your little one does well in school.
3. The bitter sweet feeling you get on every.single.birthday!
4. Being in desperate need of a break but missing them 5 minutes after they leave with their grandparents.
5. Always complaining that you have no time for yourself but using your time home alone to clean instead.
6. Wanting to punch anything/anyone who makes noise to wake up your napping baby.
7. Being impatient for your hubby to come home on an evening for the help and to have an adult to talk to.
8. The Zombie-like feeling you have when your baby hates to sleep. And when ‘happy hour’ is interrupted by a kid who wakes up in the wee hours of the morning!
9. Losing ownership of all technology to your toddler. Phones, tablets, laptops? One purpose and one purpose only in the eyes of your toddler – to watch videos.
10. The feeling of defeat when you realize you’re the same parent you said you were never going to be.
11. The tear-filled eyes for all the firsts – first smile, first ‘I love you’, first day of school.
12. The day to day frustrations – temper tantrums, tripping over a toy that you packed away 1 minute ago, the spills and messes.
13. That feeling you get when someone implies that they know what’s better for your child than you do!
14. The struggle that you have with yourself every nap time about whether you should sleep, eat, clean, cook, shower, or do your hair.
15. The feeling that your life is finally complete the second you first lay eyes on your beautiful, precious baby!
Is there anything else that you would add to the list? I’d love to hear from you!